Every year, we love to come together with the hard-working men and women of Alabama’s seafood industry for some food and fellowship.
This year, it’s a bit different: We’ll be hosting the Alabama Seafood Summit at The Westin Birmingham on Monday, October 26 after two successful years in Mobile.
Registration is now open and attendance is free. To register, please send your name, business, phone number, and email address to email@example.com.
As in previous years, our goal with the Alabama Seafood Summit is to connect seafood processors, grocers, and chefs/restaurateurs in an informative environment to potentially achieve a better understanding and sense of community in the industry.
Here’s the agenda for the 2015 Alabama Seafood Summit:
10am-10:30am – Registration
10:30am-11am – Welcome
- Director of Alabama Marine Resources and Chris Blankenship
- Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries Commissioner John McMillan
- Alabama Restaurant and Hospitality Alliance President/CEO Mindy Hanan
- Alabama Grocers Association President Ellie Taylor
- Others identified
11pm-12:30pm – Lunch and Remarks from Cooking Light Editor Hunter Lewis
- Introduction by George Reis, Owner of Ocean and 5 Point Public House Oyster Bar, and the winner of the inaugural Alabama Seafood Cook-Off
12:45pm-1:30pm – Session 1: How Alabama Gulf Seafood Positioned and Marketed Local
- Speaker – Guy Lott, Alabama Seafood Marketing Commission
1:45pm-2:30pm – Session 2: Under Utilized Species
- Speaker – Chris Sherrill, Flora-Bama Yacht Club
2:30pm until close of event – Networking
For more information about the Alabama Seafood Summit or to register, please contact Niki Lim (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, business, phone number, and email address.