Nothin’ says fall like a dozen fresh Gulf oysters and a refreshing pint of craft beer.
And this weekend, you can find plenty of each at The Hangout in Gulf Shores during the 7th Annual Oyster Cook-Off & Craft Beer Weekend.
Listen up, now, because there’s a lot going on this weekend—and you’ll want to be a part of all of it.
Everything kicks off Friday night at 6p.m. with the debut of the Oyster Cook-Off Craft Beer Festival, presented by AL.com. The craft beer will be flowing to the tune of 60+ different beers from 25+ different breweries. Tickets are $25 and include unlimited beer tastings throughout the evening.
Then on Saturday, indulge in a full day of feasting on fresh Gulf oysters starting at 11a.m., free to the public as always (with tasting tickets available for purchase).
This year’s Cook-Off will feature 70+ of the finest (and most famous) chefs in the Southeast, including 2014 James Beard winner Chef Ryan Prewitt of Pêche Seafood Grill in New Orleans, Chef Jason Roberts of ABC’s “The Chew,” Chef Martie Duncan of “Food Network Star,” Chef Chris Sherrill of the Flora-Bama Yacht Club, Atlanta’s Chef Tyler Williams, and plenty more.
Additionally, several chefs will be showcasing their culinary skills on the Big Green Egg Stage throughout the day. Stop by and see ‘em do what they do best—and take notes so you can try it in your own kitchen.
And stick around on Sunday to wrap-up the weekend festivities with the Sunday Brunch and Bloody Mary’s, featuring the Zing Zang Bloody Mary Bar. Tickets are $25.
There’ll be some excellent live music playing throughout the weekend as well. Nashville duo Steelism will headline the event, and renowned Mobile natives Willie Sugarcapps and The Mulligan Brothers will be performing for their home state as well.
And if you really want to get the full culinary experience this weekend, get your tickets today for the Celebrity Chef Pairing Dinner at The Gulf (the restaurant, that is, not the body of water) on Saturday, presented by New Belgium Brewing and benefitting No Kid Hungry®.
For $50 per person, you’ll be treated to an exclusive (and delicious) menu, featuring:
- Thai Chicken Pops with Chili Caramel by Chef Jason Roberts, paired with New Belgium Ranger IPA;
- Citrus Pickled Gulf Shrimp by Next Food Network Star Chef Martie Duncan, paired with New Belgium Snapshot Wheat;
- Arancini Italian Rice Balls with Fast Marinara Sauce by Next Food Network Star Chef Martie Duncan, paired with New Belgium Trippel Ale;
- Miso Iso Yaki Mahi with Pumpkin Moonshine Sweet Potatoes by Food Network star, Chef Ippy Aiona, paired with New Belgium Accumulation White IPA;
- Gulf Fish Slider with Tarter Sauce by Next Food Network Star, Chef Michele Ragussis, paired with New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale; and
- Lamb Chops by Next Food Network Star, Chef Nikki Martin, paired with New Belgium Ranger IPA.
Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine will be presenting the dessert menu, featuring:
- Chocolate Pavlova with Fresh Cream and Drunken Berries by Chef Jason Roberts, paired with Cherry Moonshine;
- Caribbean Bread Pudding with Moonshine Sauce by Next Food Network Star, Chef Linkie Marais, paired with Original Moonshine; and
- Honeycrisp Apple Cake by Next Food Network Star Chef Martie Duncan, paired with Apple Pie Moonshine.
Sounds pretty tasty, right? Then get your tickets today for this great event for a great cause.
While the Celebrity Chef Pairing Dinner is a ticketed event, the Oyster Cook-Off itself—as always—is free to the public for anyone that wants to come by and enjoy the atmosphere. Tickets may be purchased on-site to sample the many varieties of Gulf oysters.
And before you ask—yes, you will be able to catch all the college football action on Saturday. They’ve got you covered.
So join us this weekend while the weather’s still (kind of) warm and enjoy some fresh Alabama Gulf Seafood and family festivities.