It’s hard to believe that it’s already been 10 years of the Hangout Oyster Cook-Off & Craft Beer Weekend in Gulf Shores.
However, it’s not hard to believe that oyster season has finally arrived, thanks to a recent drop in temperatures here in Alabama.
This year’s event, set for November 3 & 4 at The Hangout in Gulf Shores, is shaping up to be the biggest one yet.
The main event, of course, is the oysters. Fresh, delicious Gulf oysters cooked up all kinds of ways—culinary concoctions you can’t even imagine.
And there’ll be plenty of Alabama chefs behind those grills, including:
- Martie Duncan of Food Network Star
- Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson BBQ
- Rob McDaniel of SpringHouse
- Adam Evans (new Birmingham concept coming soon!)
- Brody Olive of Voyagers at Perdido Beach Resort
- Pete Blohme of Panini Pete’s
- Chris Kelly of Driftwood Steakhouse
- Brent Sexton of The Beach House Kitchen & Cocktails
- Bryan Cates of Kitchen On George
- Brandon Burleson of Ariccia Trattoria at The Hotel at Auburn University
- John Hamme of Coast Restaurant at The Beach Club
- Woody Walker of OK Bicycle Shop
- Chris Rainosek of The Noble South
- Wesley True of The Gulf
- Ira Gallon of Wolf Bay Lodge
- John Helmers of ByWater Bistro
- Joey Dickerson of Fancy’s On 5th
- Brian Potter of A. Spice House
- Nate Slone of Rotolo’s Pizzeria
- Brandon Lykins of King Neptune’s Seafood
- Jeremy Downey of Bistro V
- Pat Waters of Sunset Cork Room
- Tim Hensley of The Royal Oyster
- Steve Kazman of The Diner
Whew, that’s quite a lot, right? Thankfully, you’ll have all day to sample tasty Gulf oyster creations from each of these Alabama chefs, and plenty more from all around the South. (You can see the full list of chefs here.)
What’s more, a few Alabama chefs—Chef Chris Lilly, Chef Rob McDaniel, Chef Adam Evans, and host Chef Martie Duncan—will be providing oyster demontrations and hosting workshops throughout the weekend. Check out the schedule then plan accordingly.
And once you’ve tasted all the oysters from Gulf waters, head on over to the North American Oyster Showcase where you can sample oysters from seven different regions, including the Pacific Northwest, New England, the Maritimes, British Columbia, the Mid-Atlantic, the Baja Peninsula, and of course the Gulf of Mexico.
But wait, there’s more!
If you’re a craft brew fan, the Friday night Craft Beer Festival is the perfect way to kick off your weekend. And if you’re a fan of live music, you’ll love the sounds of Anderson East on Friday and Rodney Atkins with Cam on Saturday!
If this all sounds pretty great to you—and we can’t see why it wouldn’t—then get your tickets now and join in the festivities!