Let’s be honest—lots of us love to snap and share photos of our food, especially when it looks as good as it tastes.
Now, thanks to Southern Living and Alabama Gulf Seafood, you can get rewarded for it.
All you have to do is cook or order a plate of fresh Alabama Gulf Seafood and post a photo of your meal to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #ALSeafood. Once your photo is posted, simply follow the prompt that pops up immediately afterward.
Entrants will be encouraged to collect votes for their photos on Southern Living’s Facebook page. The top ten winners will be invited with one guest to attend a luxurious one-night getaway at the Barnsley Resort in Adairsville, GA on Saturday, August 9, featuring an intimate tide-to-table dining experience with live music.
“I have created this menu based on roots and traditions using what’s in “SEAson” and pairing it with the summer’s bounty,” said Barnsley Resort executive chef Adam Hayes. “I love mixing plated and family style recipes to create beach inspired dining experiences.”
What’s on the menu, you ask? Nothing short of an Alabama Gulf Seafood feast.
- Alabama Poke – Yellowfin Tuna with baby kale and white BBQ sauce
Family Style Appetizers:
- Grilled Gulf Shrimp with chimichurri, corn salsa, and lime
- Pecan Flounder with redneck curry, Wonder Bread, and pickles
- Blue Crab with garden greens, pickled peppers, heirloom tomatoes, avocado purée, and mojito vinaigrette
- Grilled Whole B-Liner Snapper with roasted garden vegetables, sweet potato purée, pickled chow chow, hot sauces, lemon, remoulade, cocktail, and pico
- Cornbread Pudding with sweet corn custard, dolce de leche ice cream, and caviar
Offered with HVC Valentine regular and decaffeinated coffees and assorted Mighty Leaf hot teas.
The contest runs through July 15 and voting is going on now, so get out there and order up a heap of fresh Alabama Gulf Seafood.
For more information on contest rules and regulations, visit the Southern Living Facebook page.