What you need
- 1 dozen Fresh Alabama Gulf Oysters, shucked and on the half-shell
- 2 c. Fresh spinach, julienned
- 1 c. Conecuh bacon, chopped
- 1 c. Panko bread crumbs, buttered and seasoned
- ¼ c. Shallots, finely chopped
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 c. Butter sauce (substitute Béarnaise mix from grocery store)
- 2 dashes Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 Lemon
- To taste Kosher salt
- To taste Fresh ground pepper
Start by shucking the oysters, making sure to separate the oysters from the shell.
Once your oysters are ready, place one pinch of shallots on top of each oyster, then cover with spinach and add one pinch of Conecuh bacon. Cover with cheese and bread crumbs, then ladle the butter sauce on top.
When all of your oysters are properly decorated, bake them for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, or until the bread crumbs are golden and the cheese is bubbly.
Add some lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice over the final product and you’re ready to eat.